Thursday, July 3, 2014

Mist Study in Blue and Pink

Mist Study in Blue and Pink
oil/canvas, 11 x 14 inches

In keeping with my idea of painting small studies, I wanted to do a painting that used a limited palette of red (Pyrrole red) and blue (cobalt blue).  I am drawn to foggy and misty subjects for many reasons.  I can avoid details and focus on large positive and negative shapes.  The simple silouhettes allow me to put my energy and attention on the colour.  Mist has a dreamy and ephemeral quality that makes places seem mysterious.

I will be showing this painting,along with a few others in a group show at the Galerie de la Ville, Dollard-des-Ormeaux, QC.  The show will run from Sunday, July 6 to Sunday, August 3, 2014.  All are welcome!  The vernissage is on Sunday July 6th from 1 - 3 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment