Sunday, May 29, 2016

Impressionist Landscape Video: Lavender Fields in Oil

oil/canvas  11 x 14 inches




Yes, another video from one of my classes.  I can't help it.  When I have a bit of spare time, I really love making these things. Perhaps one day I will do a real movie...when I can afford to get a movie camera. Maybe some crowd funding...or not.

This is a short demo based on a painting exercise in my Impressionist class at the VAC.  The aim is paint in a loose style.  The focus is not on details but on the large shapes and how they are created with colour and tone.  In Part 2 (coming soon), I will add a second layer of colour that will focus on the warm and cool colours to accentuate the feeling of sunlight.

Here are a few of the stages:





And here is the video.  You can also see it on YouTube.


P.S. I often have trouble spelling lavender, probably because of French (lavande). 

No comments:

Post a Comment